Proverbs 16:9 - "The mind of man plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps."


Friday, March 5, 2010

Bad Boys

Hey all. Just thought I would write a bit and let you in on all the excitement at the Mattia house. Well, not really, but here goes. Aaron has taken a strange liking to the show "Cops". As I write this, we're watching an episode. Lucky for him, it's on TruTv every night. He runs through the house with his handcuffs and his gun (or his shoot gun as he calls it) shouting "GET ON THE GROUND!, GET ON THE GROUND!" Don't even get me started on how funny it is to see him dancing and singing when the "Bad Boys" theme song comes on! That's a video I've got to get. I've spent many a night handcuffed, stuffed behind the recliner (that's jail) waiting to make bail. And now since American Idol has started, and we all saw the audition with the man singing "Pants on the Ground", we run around shouting "PANTS ON THE GROUND!, PANTS ON THE GROUND!" It's a little disturbing. Anyway, baseball has officially started. I'm managing Matthew's team. Try-outs are tomorrow and Sunday. Then we have the draft. It should be great. The pressure is on though. Matthew's team, the Indians, are the minor league champs two years running. Now the team is mine. Yikes. Wish me luck. Collin's team, the Braves, should be pretty good this year. They have a lot of talent (including Collin!) coming back this year as well as some good players moving up from the minors. It should be a good time. Work is picking up. We've ventured into new territory. We built our first entertainment center. I've included a picture of it. It's all from scratch. I even made the raised panel doors myself. Our customer is very happy with it, and it was profitable, so what's not to like? What we would like to do next is make wood patio furniture. I know it sounds crazy, but it could be good. We're still checking it out. I'll keep you posted. Well, that's all for now. I just made bail. Thank God. Bubba started singing "Pants on the Ground!" Talk to you soon.

No comments: