Proverbs 16:9 - "The mind of man plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps."


Monday, December 5, 2011

Great Sunday!





Boy did Aaron and I have a big day on Sunday! We snagged two tickets to the Redskins/Jets game at FedEx Field. Had a great time. Redskins lost, but what's new, right? Didn't make any difference. Had a fantastic time with my little buddy anyway. The tickets were awesome! Club level. Front row parking spot. And the price was very reasonable. Free, courtesy of Schell Brothers. That's the guys who did the Extreme Makeover house. They have four season tickets, and I got two of them this week.



Aaron was high fiving people around us when the Skins made a good play. And please, save your breath, I'll say it for you. "Not many high fives that day" I know, but it was still fun to watch. I think the best part was getting our picture with two of the Hogettes. Aaron had no idea what was going on. He kept asking me why those guys are dressed up like old ladies! Didn't even try explaining about offensive lineman, hogs, yadda, yadda, yadda. As far as he knows, him and dad went to a football game and got a picture taken with transvestite swine. Oh well. Being in this family, he'll learn what the Hogs were soon enough.



That was the first time I ever been to FedEx field. Very large, very LOUD. The 12th man was alive and well yesterday. I remember going to a few games at RFK, but that was YEARS ago. Back when they didn't suck so bad. In fact, they were actually quite good. Superbowl caliber if I recall. But I digress. I guess I'm just oozing burgundy and gold again. Somebody get me a towel.



Looking forward to seeing everyone in a couple of weeks!



Talk to you soon.




























No comments: