Proverbs 16:9 - "The mind of man plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps."


Thursday, November 19, 2009

Boyz In Da Hood

On Tuesday, Collin and Matthew brought home their first marking period report card. They both made honor roll. How cool is that? We are really blessed. I couldn't be prouder of them. Especially considering that they earned these grades while football season was in full swing. They were a bit distracted to say the least. Now Aaron on the other hand. He's a different story. Don't get me wrong. I' m super proud of him as well. He recently conquered the toilet and now sits proudly on the thrown. But his behavior? Yikes. One example. The other day, Collin wasn't doing something Aaron thought he should, so Aaron hit him and said, "That's what you get, you fat meanie!" But of course, he's only three, so with his three year old "dialect", it kinda reminded me of Elmer Fudd "going off" on Bugs Bunny. It's become a new catchphrase in our home. "Shut up, fat meanie!" "Whatever, fat meanie." It's a good thing for him he's cute. I have never seen a three year old be so independent and stubborn . He must get that from his mother. The cute part, that's from me. But I guess I can't blame Aaron. He's copying what he sees his brothers doing. Mainly, fight. Fight, fight, fight. Oh, my lord they fight. They're like the Hatfields and McCoys, minus the overalls and the inbreeding. You name it, they've fought over it. Probably more than once. But still, I'm glad we have three boys. It definitely makes life interesting. Loud, but interesting. No girl stuff around here. Poor Linda. She doesn't stand a chance. But I must say, even with all the scratching and the "pull my fingers", she still manages to keep a smile on. I think secretly, she wants someone to pull her finger. If you can't beat em', join em'. But you'll never hear her say that. I try to get her more involved in the "boy" stuff. You know, fishing the pond, playing football in the yard, playing in dirt. But for some reason, she always declines. I don't understand. I just shrug my shoulders. "Whatever, fat meanie".

No comments: