Proverbs 16:9 - "The mind of man plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps."


Saturday, November 28, 2009

Let The Madness Begin

Alright. I admit it. I've got the Christmas bug. Christmas Spirit, if you will. We set up our tree today. We usually wait until next weekend, but this year, we said what the heck. It's a little early for us, but everyone's in the mood, so why not. As you can see from the picture, we opted for the skinny tree this year. The big fat one we have took a beating last year. Cats and kids mainly. Half the lights don't work. Several branches are broken. You can also see from the picture, the cats already have their eyes on this tree. I think maybe this year, two of our nieces and nephews are going to get a cat for Christmas. But all kidding aside, I really do love this time of year. It brings out the kid in all of us. This year is going to be Aaron's first big Christmas. He really gets it now. He saw the tree and asked "Are we doing Christmas now?" "No, not right now, buddy. Santa's not ready yet. Be patient", I tell him. Telling a three year old to be patient waiting for Christmas is like telling me "Don't go back for seconds." It's really funny. As I'm writing this, Collin, Matthew , and Aaron are running through the house playing cops and robbers, or something. I just heard Aaron shout, "Freeze, fat boy!" Oh yeah. Christmas Spirit. Nothing like it.

No comments: