Proverbs 16:9 - "The mind of man plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps."


Saturday, April 17, 2010

Dip, Anyone?

Well, we opened the pool today. Yikes, what a mess. I don't know if the heavy rain and snow we got this past year did it or what, but this is the worst I have ever seen it. I'd like to report that the water is green. That would be a good thing at this point. But when we pulled the cover off, the water was actually black. I was excited when I first saw it. I thought I struck some bubblin' crude. Oil that is. Black gold. Texas tea.... I bet you knew I was going to do that. Unfortunately, upon closer examination, I just struck crud. Not crude. It was at that point that I had to make the decision to either start cleaning it or stock it with bass and break out the tackle box. After careful consideration, I opted to start cleaning. Actually, all I did was start the filter and dump in enough chemicals to kill all life forms within a 10 mile radius. Only the roaches will survive. Well at least they'll have a clean pool to swim in.

No comments: